Thursday, November 13, 2008

Still waiting

I am finally back in Paris and upon my arrival back to my flat I was very excited that I should have my bus pass sitting and waiting for me. I was also happy because I should have had messages tellibng me my internet was going to be installed. However, my happiness was soon crushed when I realized despite waiting over 3 weeks, I still had not received my bus pass nor was there an update on internet.

I am sorry to bore you with these details, but these facts are very frustrating to me. I went to SFR to inquire about my Neufbox. I waited in line for 15 minutes and it was annoying. The French service people are not like those in Canada, you do not have someone smile and greet you. While you wait, you are not acknowledged at all, you do not exist. When it was my turn the dude called someone and I was told I should get a phonecall in 3 days. So, although I was told everything should at most 21 days, after 23 I must wait 3 for a phone call to make an appointment for the installation. What the heck!?? They seriously do not care about customer service.

Talking to others who have different providers the situation has been similar for them, waiting up to 2 months for internet. This horrible service seems to be the norm, so the individual company is not worried about losing clients. However, I refuse to become accustomed to the bad service I receive here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, maybe we are just spoiled canadians.