Monday, November 3, 2008

How to cook an Eggplant

Intro: On my previous post about Market Saxe Breteuil, I mentioned buying an Eggplant. It was an impulse buy and for a week it sat in my fridge while I contemplated what to do with it. It was only when Lisa came to Paris for a week and I invited her over for dinner that it was finally cooked. She had read the post and specifically inquired about how it was doing. Upon the news it was still just sitting in my fridge, she personally took on the task of cooking it up.

Prereqs: Eggplant, Pan, Knife, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Hotplate, Asian from Vancouver.


Step 1: Cut the Eggplant into bit size peices! (It turns out my eggplant was bigger than most of the small asian ones she was used it. We cut it in half, and that was more then enough.)
Step 2: Put the Eggplant into the hot pan with oil, sat and pepper! (only spices I own)


Step 3: Let simmer
Step 4: Enjoy!

Result: Edible Eggplant dish.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Teehee nice pics!

miss.greentea said...

Haha...I love the step-by-step pics. Looks like you girls had fun! :)