Saturday, November 8, 2008

5 hours

5 hours = the amount of time my plane to Berlin was delayed by.
After we all got to the airport at 5 am, noone was impressed by the delay. What added to it, was that they would not tell how long the delay would be for, for quite a while. The screen simply said "delayed". After 2 hours, they gave us some good. This was good since we met other people on the flight, and had people to converse with. I met a student from Paris who is living in Berlin, and a translator from Berlin who is living in Paris. This was nice, the three of us talked from about 6 am until the place landed in Berlin at 1pm.
A 5 hour wait is a bit excessive, but at least I got there the same day. I have heard horror stories of poeple having to wait multiple days with delays. I would like to say it is better to just train since it is simpler, however coming back from Barcelona my train was about 2.5 hours late... so I don't know what the most reliable transportation is. Perhaps walking...but that is too tedious when traveling... and who knows, maybe one would sprain an ankel and also be late. Last night getting home took over an hour when it should't take more than 30 min due to construction on S-Bahn lines. grr...
OK, that was my transportation rant... I am done.

No comments: