Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Berlin + Stockholm

For my November break, I headed off to Berlin, and then to Stockholm.

Here are the pics from Berlin.


Here are the pics from Stockholm.


Further description:

When I went to Berlin I stayed with Krista, who is an other SFU student on exchange. She was extremely accomodating and provided me with maps and guidebooks to get me started. I went to a number of museums while there: Pergamon, Altes, Check Point Charlie, Jewish,Eastside Gallery and the Holocaust Memorial. I also met up with Heike, who I know through Ulrika, and Sandra, who I know from my trip to the Dominican Republic last year. I was amazed at the history in the city, and love how laid back it is. It was very refreshing after being in Paris, since while people in Paris all dress nicely, there is very little diversity.

While in Berlin I met a group of girls from Stockholm, four of whom were on my flight. I ended up staying with one of the girls, Sara for my 2 nights there which was really great. It saved me from paying for an expensive hostel there (about 25 euros a night) and, gave me a friend to recommend cool places. I met up with Cecilia and Nick in Stockholm, and we went to the Vasa Museum, and then the National Gallery. After some shopping, my day in Stockholm ended with dinner at a very interesting Thai restaurant where we dinned in a Rickshaw.

No comments: