Saturday, November 1, 2008

pulled a Nancy

I have always had problems making sense. If you have spoken to me, you have likely realized this. I just thought I'd recount what happened Thursday evening, as a prime example of the accidently randomness of my speach.

So I was leaving my Asian Cinema class and nearly forgot my jacket. After going back to grab it someone remarked, "Is that all you have? Will you not be cold?" I assured them that I will be fine since the coat is a rain coat and does not breath well therefore I am always kept extra warm in it.

We then squeeze onto the elevator with 5 other people. It is squishy, but when we read the sign we note that it says there can be up to 8 of us. After this is stated, there is a 3 second pause, after which I say, "And I have mittens!".

I realized almost immediatly, as people turn to stare, that what I said had no context whatsoever to them. The only person who realizes that I am making reference to the earlier comment of me being cold laughs, as do others. I felt a bit embarrassed, but laughed at myself since I realized it came across as absurd.

Even in France, Nance is still Nance.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hahaha cute!

Anonymous said...

nance in france! i love it! i didnt even know you had a blog! mmm, i'll be following.

i'm still waiting for the day i go to paris, france. do share some pictures!!!

-leah