Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Long time no see!

Hey everyone,

I have not been updating lately since I have been on the move. I went to Switzerland for Michael's wedding, and then I went to Barcelona just to see the city.

Switzerland was really nice, I took a train there and as soon as i got to Switzerland the view was much better! I stayed with Simon's family and helped them with their last minute wedding preparations. The wedding itself was in a small church in Bern. The ceremony included a lot of music and a candel lighting event where everyone lit a candel for them and placed it into a large metal bowl of sand.

After the ceremony came the apparatif (?) where there were drinks, finger food, and more music. This time the music was Hans Martin's choir.

We then walked to the river where a small boat took us to the other side. Upon arrival we were greeted by 4 musicians playing medieval music.

The reception was in a green house. It was very magical especially when it became dark as we weaved small christmas lights throughout the vines the night before. The reception also had a lot of music, choirs, bagpipes, and a very awesome accordian type instrument.

It was neat to experience the wedding and not be able to understand anything. My table at the reception had some people who could speak English, but since they all couldn't the conversation was nearly all in German. Not being able to understand anything hightened my aweareness to the emotions at the wedding. I was nearly brought to tears in the ceremony even though I could not understand their vows.

After the reception, at about 12:30 we went back to the church, to light these odd candel air balloons that we sent up in the air. The wedding was similar enough to a Candadian one, but it definatly had unique twists, such as the balloons.

No comments: