Friday, October 24, 2008

Volleyball

I was worried coming to Paris that I would not the normal dose of volleyball that I am used to, and that concern has become reality. However, not to the extent I thought. The school has an Association Sportif where students can choose from about 25 different sports ranging from horseback riding, fencing, Judo, chinese dancing, toVolleyball! I was tempted to try out one of the more obscure sports but I stuck with Volleyball and may venture to another one next semester if it fits my schedule. Since the summer volleyball has been destined to occupy my Friday nights.

The team here is great! There are about 40 girls who come out to play and then we are split into skill level. Being part of the competative group we will get to play every Thursday against other Grands Ecoles. The team is allowing me to meet non-international students here. It will also allow me to see some more of France in the spring. We will go away one weekend for intense training, and then another weekend to the Crit. The Crit the large Sciences-Po tournament that occurs in the Spring where all the campuses compete against each other. To pump up for this tournament our team will do more bonding activities as well as advertise our team. This years will be held in Lyon!

Practice time!

No comments: