Sunday, October 19, 2008

Upcoming travel!

Hello,

So, I am a day early in announcing my upcoming travel. I have book flights to go to Berlin and then Stockholm during my November reading break. I will be spending 4.5 days in Berlin, and then 1.5 days in Stockholm.

I am seeing Berlin because I have always heard good things about the city, and Stockholm because I have a friend who will be there at that time, and it is actually cheaper (after taxes, service chargers, everything) to fly back to Paris through Stockholm.

I am flying to Berlin on EasyJet with the only concern being that I need to get to the airport at about 5 am somehow, and the metro doesn't start until 530 am. I have 2.5 weeks to figure out the night bus system though, and it was a lot cheaper to get this flight then one that got me there in the afternoon and would waste half my day.

I am then flying to Stockholm on Ryanair. The annoying thing about this airline is that is has its airports outside the city, but the shuttles aren't too expensive in Stockholm. My return flight cost me the equivalent of 12 Euros all fees included.

Now, I need to figure out accomodation in both cities. I will stay in a hostel in Stockholm most likely with my friend, but I am considering alternate options for Berlin (aka, friends of friends perhaps).

Other than that, things are going well in Paris!

1 comment:

FancyNan said...

Hi Nance,
It was cool to get your message. Hmmm, two of us in Paris - that could be scary!
Enjoy your travels as much as you can while you are here. Don't forget to explore all the great regions of France, too.
Good luck with your studies.
NancyinFrance