Saturday, October 11, 2008

Market Saxe-Breteuil + 5 Euros

This beautiful Saturday morning I finally decided to investigate the market prospects nearby. It turns out that there are 2 markets very near by: the rue de Grenelle market and the Saxe-Breteuil market. Grenelle is open Wednesday and Sundays and the S-B is open Thursdays and Saturdays. Therefore, today being a Saturday I went to S-B and it was literally a 2 min walk away.

The market is about a block long and filled with produce, meat, jewellery and clothes. The air smelled of an odd combination of fish and flowers. The stalls would have furry dead rabbits hanging by their feet. I found the sight of the meat quite unappealing. As I walked down, the vendors would call out to get your attention to try and sell you their goods, or their friends yelling out "il est celibataire madame!".

With my 5 euros I had on me I bought:
  • 6 tomatoes (because I am addicted to them)
  • 10 eggs
  • A red pepper
  • A baguette
  • An eggplant

Now, I need to figure out what to do with an eggplant. I bought it spontaneously and it is now sitting in my fridge. I also need to find something to do with the red pepper... hmm.

No comments: