Thursday, October 16, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

What happened to me having no life in Paris? I do not know.
So much has gone on the last few days, and so much is yet to come.

School has picked up and I had my first expose (ex-pose-ay), aka an oral presentation, on the Korean film Memories of Murder (it is a really good film based on the first serial killings in South Korea). The teachers here are crazy about them. Every class requires you to do one. I have my second one next week (in French!) on renewable energy. Luckily I'm paired with a real French girl, so I should have some help with my grammatical issues.

This past week I missed Canadian Thanksgiving, but sported a super cool maple leaf fake tattoo on my hand in support. For the election day many Canadian students united at the great canadian pub to try and be at least a bit patriotic. Very few were able to vote. This I largely attribute to the short notice we had on the election. 5 weeks is not a lot of time for dealing with all the paper work. A few students received their ballot the day of the election which was useless.

My friend Neil, from Hornby Island is in town this week with a friend he is backpacking with. It is nice to see people from home. We played ultimate frisbee with the group from Sciences-Po and it felt great to run! This weekend a former co-worker of mine will be coming and I will spend some time with her perhaps visiting a museum, shopping, or seeing a show. Having tourists around gives me a good opportunity to get see things I haven't had a chance to thus far.

I am also trying to book tickets for my November break. It is proving difficult for me to decide where I want to go. I have until this weekend to decide, so come back by Monday to see the decision!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

If my legs fall off from all the walking around London and Paris, kindly help me re-attach them please.

Nancy said...

i will when you call me!