Monday, December 22, 2008

Looking like Chrismas?

Hello,

It is only 3 days until Christmas and I am walking around Southern France with a tanktop. This is definatly not going to be a normal Christmas.

Leaving Paris on Friday I was in quite the Christmas-y mood after seeing the window displays and Christmas lights all over town. Then while in Dusseldorf, I saw Slava's Snowshow, and a cross-country ski race. So, while there was no real snow on the ground I had two good doses of artificial snow. Also, there were great Christmas markets in Cologne and Dusseldorf that I went to! I really think that we need some Christmas markets in Vancouver to help get people in the spirit!

Yesterday I left Germany early in the morning, where we had a fun time on RyanAir. We then landed in Girona, Spain and drove up to Chateau La Casenove, which is just outside of Perpignan, France. I will share some pictures of this 1000 year old chateau when I return to Paris.

Despite the weather difference, being here reminds me of going to Whistler at Christmas with my family. It is kind of in the middle of nowhere, and the life is just so much slower than being in the city. I think Christmas vacation really should be just for that, to slow down, recuperate, spend time with family and really centre yourself around things that are important before the new year commences. :)

2 comments:

lespzen said...

Hi Nancy. Dusseldorf and Cologne sound like great places to see for enjoying pre-Christmas.
A tank top !! We are freezing here but it is nice. Slow too because the streets are covered with snow. The snowploughs and salt trucks did not appear today.
I like you comment about slowing down .... center yourself ........
Mom

LeahA said...

no fair about the whole tank top thing..booo
leaha