Saturday, September 6, 2008

Where to live?

I have 3 weeks to find somewhere to live so I am starting my hunt today. I have a paper with the listings of many available places to rent. I will try to find a place in the 5th or 6th since that is supposedly where a lot of students live and it is close to my school. This morning I spoke to a person at the Canadian House at Cité Universitaire, and that is another option for me. A room there would cost about 410€ per month. The advantages of that place being there are a number of students who live there and the facities around it (tennis court, place to run, soccer feild, gym, library,ect) are really good. The disadvantage beng that it is at the very bottom of Paris in the 14th and therefore it is a bit inconvenient. (Also being in the Canadian house there may be a lot of English speakers (ewww), which is something I want to get away from. I feel a bit bad for the English speakers here as they are definatly shunned a bit.) However due to Paris' good transportation system it wouldnt be thattttt bad. It is annoying that a bus pass in Vancouver can cost you 100 dollars and it sucks, while here in Paris a monthy pass is about 75 canadian dollars and it rocks. Paris 1, Vancouver 0.

No comments: