Thursday, September 11, 2008

Courses!

I registered in my courses yesterday. What an ordeal that was! Their inscription method is keeping the exact list of available courses a secret, not telling you the time of the courses until it is time to register, and letting everyone register at exactly the same time. It was mad chaos to say the least. The lucky few got all the courses they wanted, but many people ended up with only half the number of courses they needed since everything by about 10:15 (it started at 10) was full! The staff onsite was also very limited so people had to wait to be helped as the spots filled up. To make it worse, there was a fire bell in one of the buildings which made a number of students screwed over for their registration as well.

My courses:

  1. Les grands risques de la planete, un perspective politique et scientifique
  2. Le medical et le politique
  3. La societe civile et les medias
  4. Social Policies in Europe
  5. Asian Cinema(!)
  6. Langue Francais

That is right, a full course load and more than half in French! The first course counts as 9 credits, the second as 5, and the rest as 4. This equals 30 ECTS credits which is the equivalent to 15 credits back home. I didn't get all the courses I wanted, but I am excited enough for the ones I have :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Langue françaisE

it's a girl!