Monday, September 8, 2008

Little random things

What to say...

I saw Babylon AD the other night at a Cinema on the Champs Elysee. It was 10 Euro, which is their premium weekend night price. A bit price, but oh well.

I went to Sciences-Po today for the first time! It is a hidden little building the 6th. It is nice. We had a 4 hour meeting with the hundreds of exchange students where we were just pumped with information. Most people had little breakfast before it started and we didn't get a break until 1:30! At 1:30 I went with some friends to find a restaurant CROUS which has discounted meals for students. For 2.85 Euro you can have a full meal. The meals are edible but people often sit down and try to deduce what type of meat they received.

I finally got an internet cable! This makes me sooo happy. Now I can use t he internet for a decent amount of time instead of always having to borrow cables from others. It also allows me to look up courses which is awesome since my course registration is on Wednesday.

Speaking of registration, I am slightly scared of it since it is supposedly a mad free for all. We were told to pick 2 back up courses for EACH course we want to take. So, since we take 6-7 courses here per semested, we need to pic about 18-21 courses we are interested in! I'm very interested to see what courses I get in the end.

More random tid bits... I locked myself out of my room today. I'll post a picture when I get a chance, but this means I had to cross the 10 lane highway which is right outside my room 6 times this afternoon to sort it out since the administration for my residence is on the other side. The over pass has about 30 stairs so it sucks having to go up and down constantly.

There is a lot of talk about shit here. Literally. Our bathrooms and showers are always nasty but I won't go into details. To add to the nastyness there are cockroaches in the kitchen. So, although the stairs to the 5th floor suck, they are at least a bit helpful at controling that problem on my floor.

Final thought: It is neat meeting people here and learning they know people you know even though they are from the other side of the world.

PS. Although this week has been stressful and shall be for a bit longer, I am very excited to spend the year here. So far, so good!

3 comments:

Yossarian said...

Cockroaches and shit in France? You don't say! Haha, that sucks, but it should be ok. Good luck with picking your courses!

Travis said...

I'm also confused why you'd be surprised that Paris is filthy. This is the French we are talking about, no?

Nancy said...

fair enough :P but still!!! it is grosssssssss!