Sunday, May 17, 2009

Group Motivation

Yesterday, I had my midterm for my Religion and Society course. We were tested on Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism. There was a lot of stuff to learn (which I now know, so I am happy to answer any questions you may have, and put this new knowledge to use!). It was a crazy 3 days of cramming before the test and I was happy to have friends to study and go over concepts with. We had a lot of fun pronouncing names like: Muhammad ibn abd-al-Wahhab and Jnana Yoga and making up good acronyms (ex. Bananas and Mangos make Inuendos: an acronym for the names of the different Hindu Casts, in their English equivalent). The test was at the ungodly hour of 830am (noone should be asked to think before 10). After the test, which went OK, we went and got "Real America Pastries" from a bakery. yummmmm Carrot cake.
Today, I am working hard on getting a paper done for Tuesday. I planned to start it yesterday, but after a 4 hour exam, I was too exhausted. I was working at a friends house again, since I really find it easier to work with motivation around. So, when one person is slacking, the other can call them out on it. Also, it is better to stop and talk for 5 min to have a break, than to go online and chat on msn for an hour...
I have 6 more assignments to get done before the semester is over. Wish me luck!