Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Good Volleyball!

After the fun tournament this weekend, I was up for even more volleyball, and boy did I get it!
This morning I had my regular practice with my Sciences-Po team, and tonight I went to play with the N2 Vincennes Volley Club team. In France this is the 3rd highest league following Professional and National 1. It was the most intense practice I have attended perhaps ever in my life and after playing only mediocre volleyball the past year, my muscles were tensing up after only the warm up. Also, it was all in French, and I had a lot of trouble following what was going on. All in all, it was a great experience, and as their season is done, they don't mind having visitors at their practices so I plan to go again on Thursday, and then perhaps 2 times a week until I leave if I can. It is a lot of time, but it was excellent volleyball and I would really be able to improve my game by going. The coach liked that I am Canadian, and said that in general, Canadians are fighters and have a really good work ethic and that for that reason, I can stay. Wish me luck keeping up to the girls there, or at least avoiding embarassment!

1 comment:

lespzen said...

Hi Nancy.

You have found such great activities and groups of people to connect with in Paris. You are amazing.