Thursday, January 22, 2009

Last Day of Class!

Today is my last day of class for Semester 1 at Sciences-Po! For those of you who worried about my academic commitment here (Mom, Dad..), I assure you that I have spent plenty of time studying here. Of course, it is not my top blog priority to describe the exciting days in which I sequester myself in my room and work on my essays for 12 hours straight at a time. I have now handed in ALL my homework and it feels great. I do not know many marks yet, but for the ones I have received back, I am doing well enough. Also, if you are worried about me traveling so much, keep in mind that the school system is set up very different here. I was in school from October - Mid Feb for Semester 1, a total of 4.5 months, where as at home semester one would only be 3.5 months. And now between semesters I have an additional 2 weeks off after my exams. Semester 2 will go from Feb 23 - the end of June, just over 4 months, again longer than at home. Since we are in school for longer we get more time off and more breaks. The entire month of September I was in the Welcome Program which ran 3 weeks and allowed me the last week to travel to Switzerland. So, if you do not hear about the homework, it does not mean it doesn't exist.

Anyways, I am off to my last day of class. I have my French course today in which we are having a "tasting", each person was assigned something to bring from wine to cheese, to grapes ( I am bringing white grapes). What a tough course it will be. I then have a volleyball game, will come home to pack for leaving tommorow, and then I have a dinner with my team. I will be in switzerland as of this saturday until feb 2nd, when I will return to Paris to study and write exams. Adios for now.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL you sound almost defensive! Has your family been nagging you about your studies?

Nancy said...

yes they have. they are always like.."i was reading your blog, and it sounds like you are having fun... but im worried you are not studying enough"