Sunday, January 11, 2009

A new week

The Christmas season is officially over. On Jan. 7th Les Soldes started in Paris meaning everyone has gone shopping crazy. It is mad, but everthing is 50% off. I plan to buy a nice pair of boots, but have not been able to fine "the" pair yet. I found a really nice pair, but I hesitated, and when I went back to the store, they were gone. I can no longer afford to let quality goods get away! It is so hard to choose a good pair though, I'm still unsure what I want: brown or black? how tall? do i want a buckle? any heel? cut of the top? a zipper? ect. Any suggestions?

Beyond consumerism this week has started off well; volleyball started again and I FINALLY went swimming with a girl from Toronto. We met on election day and have been planning to go everyday since, but this weekend was the first time it actually happened. In Paris, there are a number of pools run by the city and you can buy a 3 month pass that is good at ANY pool. It is really a good deal. There is a pool about a 5 min walk from my house so I plan to go to it often. Now that I have started, it should be easier to continue. Plus, the weather has been -5 or worse the past few days, so running outside is not a nice option. This exercise is completely necessary after all the dining during Christmas.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is what I do when I want to shop for something but have no idea what I want: I window-shop online. I make mental notes of what I like and what I don't. Then I go out and pound the pavement and find something that fits my idea of what I like. It saves a lot of time and frustration.

P.S. I'm featuring that Plushenko video in an upcoming blog post! It was so hilarious, I laughed my ass off.