Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Years In Paris

Happy 2009 everyone!

2008 was a great year, and I am finally reflecting on it. I think what made 2008 so great was all the new things I got to experience and the friends I made.

New things!
  • I went to the Dominican Republic, my first Southern country
  • I started co-op and experienced full-time work
  • I finally had a Joint Birthday Party with Carly
  • I got accepted to go on exchange
  • I got reconnected with the young adults group at my Church
  • I played v-ball nearly every summer friday night
  • I mastered the games of ping-pong and rock band due to my work
  • I played in an Ultimate Frisbee league
  • I went camping in Kelowna
  • I had a going-away party
  • I started school in Paris
  • I lived on my own
  • I learned to survive on my own
  • I stayed single the whole year
  • I made a resolution to eat anything fed to me, which included meat, seafood, and frogs.
  • I visited: Barcelona, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Montpellier, Perpignan, and Stockholm
  • I spent Christmas away from home
  • I ended the year a lot happier and at peace than I started the year!

The New Years festivities in Paris were not amazing per se. The fireworks at the Eiffle tower were cancelled due to the financial crises (or fear of riots?). I went to the Champs Elysees with other girls from SFU and we stayed there for 3 hours before I went home. There were a number of sketchy people there who would swarm us, and we had to pay a lot of attention to our bags. I was nice seeing the mass of people with their cheering and champagne :)

Resolutions:
  • Continue experiencing new things, and be fearless
  • Learn a lot at school
  • Make progress in my life plans
  • Keep fit
  • Love my friends and family
  • See all the sights in Paris
  • See more live music
  • Try an extreme sport

4 comments:

lespzen said...

Wow. I am so happy for you. Are you kidding ?? You ate frog ?? I am starting to fear my trip to Paris.

Sarah said...

You forgot to mention our epic Hornby Island week... haha :)

Anonymous said...

"be fearless"... i like that.

Jordan Soet said...

Nancy! Last year we celebrated the new year together! Now you are in Paris! How crazy is that!? :D