Friday, July 10, 2009

Eilat

From Monday - Wednesday we enjoyed the sun by the Red Sea in Eilat. :) It was beautiful there and very hot. In the afternoon it was over 40 degrees! Eilat is at the South-Eastern tip of Israel on the Red Sea. The Red Sea is at the meeting point of four countries: Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt. From Israel, the only country you can easily visite is Jordan where you can go on a day trip to Petra, but we did not have time to go this trip.

Instead, we spent the trip lazing around the pool of our hotel (Isrotel Riviera Club) and snorkeling at the coral reefs. The coral reefs in Eilat were amazing, we swam and were completely surrounded by fish. We spent a lot of time in the water and then went to Aroma Cafe for a nice salade and Ice Aroma.

We then went back to continue snorkeling and I cut my foot on the dock. I had the lifeguard get me a bandaid, and we were invited back up to the lifeguard area and were given popsicles and cold water. :)

Other events included shoping. I bought a nice dress from Mango, and a tank top from Top Shop. These are both stores that are not found in Vancouver (except I hear that Mango has a boutique at the Vancouver airport?). Eilat was the perfect place to buy them since Eilat is tax free!

In the evenings we went one evening to a place called Monkeys, which is very popular and had a live cover band. And the second evening we went to a lounge on the beach and watched the stars.

All in all, we had a great time in Eilat. If i went again I would try to participate in a water sport there. They have boats and water toys that can be rented. One of the most popular things there is Kite Boarding. I would also make time for a day trip to see Petra.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW Nancy I'm so impressed with how well you captured our Israel adventures. I surprised u found so much time to write :) Hope you are enjoying your time in Italy