Saturday, April 18, 2009

21!

For anyone who does not know yet, yesterday was my birthday! Wooot, my first birthday not in Vancouver.
I spent the day on the beach near Montpellier with 3 friends. On the bus there we ran into two Americans heading to the beach, so the 6 of us all hung out together. We ate some apple tart and they all sang happy birthday. Throughout the day I was pleasently suprised with a number of phone calls and text messages, and then when I finally got online, a couple emails. The evening was not out celebrating with friends, but on the train back to Paris.
So, I am now 21. And as I would say, "21, c'est la Lee-bare-tay!" as I through in random American pronounciations of French words.
My trip to the south was really great and we ended up visiting Lyon, Geneva, Montpellier and Marseille. It was extremely relaxed and somewhat uneventful. We would walk around and then have siestas in random parks.
I really love traveling with other international students as we make due with very odd sleeping situations. Re: in Lyon there were 6 of us the last night in a small studio that had 2 single matresses. One guy had to sleep in the Kitchen, 2 on the bed, and the other 3 using a third of the matress each on the floor. I will share some nice anecdotes about the trip soon and post pictures of course. A bientot!

2 comments:

lespzen said...

A 21st to remember !! We celebrated for you at home today. A birthday brunch so that we could celebrate at a time when we could phone and sing happy birthday. We had fun but we missed you.
I will buy a birthday cake for you when I come to Paris. Love from Mom

Unknown said...

Happy 21st Birthday again!!!