Wednesday, June 3, 2009

So French, so Roland Garros

Hey all,
This past week has been very busy, yet relaxed. I had all my homework deadlines extended until this coming monday (so, I shall have a very fun weekend), and last weekend was a long weekend (again), so I took advantage of it around Paris. It all started on Wednesday night when I went with friends to watch Barcelona FC kick Manchester Uniteds ass. I was thrilled that Barcelona won, since I got to see them play live last fall, meaning I got to see the best of the best live!

On Fridat night, I went to a Ballet at Opera Garnier (beautiful Opera house in Paris) and saw a Ballet based on a Marcel Proust novel. It was one of the weirdest ballets I have seen...very strange. After the ballet I joined up with friends on a friends rooftop where we took in a nice sunset over the city.

Saturday morning, I was heading to Laure's house to have lunch and throw in my laundry. When I told her I was planning to go line up for evening tickets at Roland Garros (French Tennis Open), she was like, "O! I didn't realize you were interested in going! I had some tickets earlier this week that I could have given you". Although she had no tickets for that afternoon, she was able to work her magic and snag me and my friend general entry tickets. So, within an hour of arriving at her house me and a friend were soaking up the French Open. It was lovely there. We got to see Del Potros play against Andreeve, and then Robredo vs. Gonzalez (my spelling may be way off). We then saw some doubles play, including a Canadian player Nestor.

The rest of the week consisted of 2 going away dinners :(... I am so sad people are already leaving, a couple picnics in parks and a lot of shopping. You see, I have the Sciences-Po Gala this Saturday, so I had to go dress shopping with friends. I found one that I really like, but it is a bit odd... so I may have to go to the shops again to see if I find anything better. Anyways, back to writting my exciting presentation on the "Birth and developpment of Yoga in the Occident".

1 comment:

lespzen said...

Hi Nancy.
Wow !!! Life back here in Canada might seem a little slooooooooww!!
I would like to phone but you are probably at 'the GALA'.